Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Retreat 2012

"You have made us for Yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in You." - St.Augustine


Going into retreat, I had so many fears about leading this small group. I kept thinking, “How am I going to be there for these girls? Are they going to be able to relate to me? What if I’m not silly enough, cool enough? How are they going to be able to share their hearts with me?…..” I knew how important our time was, but I was honestly terrified about not being what I needed and desperately wanted to be. But God knew what he was doing when he brought all 8 of us together…even though I had no clue. Little did I know that I would have such a life-changing couple of days with girls I barely knew coming in! God used our week together to allow us to be transparent, to reveal and better understand our woundedness, and receive healing in Him together in ways I never saw coming. So incredibly privileged to see and experience hearts thirsting for holiness, for transformation, for grace. I can’t express how much I look forward to continue growing and learning with you beautiful beautiful ladies. So thankful for every one of you! J